Do you ever read your star sign predictions? I do - all the time. I love it. I think its a sag thing. I dont always take head and mostly I just read it and then promptly forget. Todays star sign prediction (one of many because I know they are all different and that's why they are ususally crap but anyway...) reads as follows:
..."it's important that you consciously move toward a more optimistic attitude. Put some effort into measuring your progress somehow. "
So. ok. Why did this strike a cord with me today? Well, its sunday morning. I got up and went for a walk - mainly because I was coughing and was concious of waking everyone up. On that walk - which was quite a long one actually, I was thinking exactly that. That I need to start recording the effort. I need too because lately my mental health has been low. Too much stress, too much to think about and too little me time. Its little wonder my health is starting to fail me.
In the last 3 weeks, I've hardly eaten, had only disturbed sleep - usually waking at 4 am and not being able to go back to sleep - had a cold sore that size of a barn, stomach cramps, felt like throwing up for three days straight whilst the other end going non stop and now I have the worst head cold in the history of the world with this dry annoying cough which is making my throat feel like someone is dragging broken bricks over it.
The only good thing is I've lost approximately 3 kgs! Trouble is I know it will find me again... Why is it that the things you want to lose tend to find you again and come back and the things you dont want to lose, tend to be the things that once lost they are lost forever?
Today I'm gratful for the ability to get up and go for a walk. For having three fantastic kids, and a husband that puts up with me... even in my low moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment