About Me

My photo
I'm an everyday person with everyday issues and everyday thoughts.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The accountability bit

So here I am, I started this for some accountability. I wanted to put it out there that I actually do what I plan to do. Or I have something to remind me that I said I'd do it.

I want to lose some weight, not a lot... just a little... about 10 -12 kgs at the most. I started this "goal" in 2009 when I realised with a little help from the doctor that I was about 10kgs over my ideal weight. My problem is that I have never looked that overweight and even now I think people think that I'm not. So its easy for me to make excuses. Now however I have anyone who reads this as my witnesses.

I was doing so well back then too. I lost approximately 8 kgs with the help of a fitness partner - my good friend, and Healthy Inspirations a small gym just for women. Then my hubby had a medical scare that knocked me for six, having nearly lost him I used it as an excuse and just fell out of the habit of exercising. I was really starting to enjoy it and would love to know how I would have gone. I wasted about 3 months of a 6 month membership and these things aren't cheap.

This time round, I want to try it by myelf with this blog as my accountability. I've been slowly getting into it - eating better or at least trying to and I've thought about going out every day to do some exercise. I just haven't turned that to practical every day but I will. I promise.

I'm starting again fresh tomorrow. I return to work after the holidays tomorrow too so back to routine or a new routine anyay. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Paula find yourself a personal trainer outside of the gym environment... so much more motivating and every session is one on one... you won't miss a session because they will be waiting for you... give 2011 a big kick up the bum girl!!

    ReplyDelete