Yes. I've been slack with blogging. I am currently on holidays (again). Unlike the Whooping Cough episode of the past two weeks, this time they were planned. Childcare is so expensive we try to cover the whole holiday period by ourselves. Which, if you're unlucky like us and you live a distance from family, or your family don't help you out for what ever reason, you'd be able to relate to this.
It's always a struggle. Either financially through trying to fund the cost of childcare -especially holiday care, the guilt you feel from having the kids in childcare, or the endless worry about how you're going to cover the holiday period and still maintain a good standing at work.
I sometimes think if only I had it like my inlaws. Not that they abused the situation but Nanny lives in the same town and is always willing and able to help out. I've envied their ability to be able to go out and have relationship time together without the worry of finding a babysitter - something I've never managed to find as of yet - and their ability to not only travel around everywhere just about every weekend (so it seems) but also pay off their house before the kids really hit the teenage years. But I've also been extremely proud that we've done it by ourselves with very little to no help. Please don't misunderstand me though, the inlaws have worked damn hard to get where they are - I'm not saying they had it easy.
For me, holidays inevitably means the time to clean and organise. To do all those jobs I put off because I don't want to do them at the end of a long week or simply because I've spent the weekend taking kids here and there to thier endless activities or events.
We've not travelled these holidays to spend any real time with family. There's a whole other story behind this but anyway its worked out well. I've done a lot of the"organising jobs" over these holidays and quite frankly had enough which is lucky because I think the list of things to organise is running out. In fact as I think of it there's about three items left - The bathroom cupboard - which really just needs to be replaced wholous bowlous including the shower screen and tiles in there: then there's hubby clothes draws - but I'd have to get him to help and he's much less interested than I am and of course the kitchen cupboards which isn't it amazing that they always need organising.
And then there's the fact that every day these holidays I've woken up and thought I should really get back to that house painting job I started a few months ago... I'll get there - I just need the motivation... again.
A severe lack of motivation is becoming a recurring theme to this.. I'll have to look into that!
Today was great though. The kids wanted to go to Old Parliament House. They have a dress up room there that keeps the kids busy for quite some time and the detective activity keeps them interested in the history or lessons the house can provide. If you haven't been I'd recommend it...but take a good book for the dress up room cause the kids take forever. Just make sure the book is interuptable as they come in with one costume and then quickly disappear only to reappear with yet another change of clothes.
And don't forget the camera like I did (again this time)!
No comments:
Post a Comment