About Me

My photo
I'm an everyday person with everyday issues and everyday thoughts.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Miracles do happen

Well, as previously advised I went back to work today. I got up before the alarm went off, a miracle in itself, put my shoes on and walked/jogged a quick circuit of about 10 minutes... (another miracle) Better a little than nothing at all right?

I made it into work at 7:45 AM!! Miracle three and that included having had breakfast... If I think about it its probably more the fact that I didn't have to worry about getting the kids out the door - the joys of working in the holidays. I figured they were all still sleeping, there was only housework to do and I could work up some flex to use for the times I do have kids stuff to run around after.

What's more amazing was when I came home, I figured rather than start to feel the drain of a long day, I'd cook dinner straight away before it set in. You would have thought that seeing they were all home, all day, they could have had this ready but we won't go there!

After dinner, I got them all up and we went down the lake to "walk". It ended up that the fishing bug got to calling hubby's name and the pull was too enticing. But when we got to under the bridge... he helped the kids fish - a miracle in itself because the last time we, as a family, went fishing it didn't end nicely. Fishing is a serious business and kids and wives are never serious enough about it you know!

Anyways they all fished and I.. well I made use of the stairs.

There are 35 stairs leading up from under the bridge to the road, and then a path leads back down to under the bridge. There are two sides to the bridge (obviously - have you ever seen a one sided bridge?) and thus two sets of stairs. Each set of stairs has 35 steps to the top in three sections, I think it was 14, then 9 then the remainder. Which seems odd - dosen't everyone construct things evenly nowadays. I would!

I went up the stairs, back down the path and completed this circuit 11 times on one side and then another 12 times on the other.  By the end of it the dog was absolutely exhausted. Poor thing!

I came home hungry. I think I've burnt my dinner off. .. and if you're wondering or trying to work it out, thats 805 stairs! Using those online calculators that's about 360 odd calories ...or 454 if you live in America. For some reason they seem to think that calories are easier to burn which must be the reason they have a larger population of overweight people.

I'll leave you chuckling at my bad joke there. I'm looking forward to seeing how I'll do tomorrow. I love accountability and miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment