About Me

My photo
I'm an everyday person with everyday issues and everyday thoughts.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Getting There

Its been a few days I know.  I've had motivational times in the last few days but not many. Sometimes that motivation has been towards a bit of exercise but mostly not.

I've been cleaning out cupboards and sorting the contents. Throwing out heaps of crap that just gathers and seems to hang around yet never gets used. It coudn't get used, nobody knew where to find it!

I now have a organsied pile of stuff in cupboards that should be easier to find and make doing tasks around here MUCH easier. For instance, when the kids have homework to do they can go straight to the cupboard pull out all the lead pencils, pens, pencils and stationery stuff (4 separate containers) and sit down and do the task without needing to go searching for the things needed. I do hope it stays all organised for at least a few weeks.

I've done so much organising in the cupboards I'm up to finally sorting out all the photos. For years I've just throw them in an laptop case that we dont use for carrying a laptop...now I need to work out whether I sort them into boxes or put them into albums. I love the album idea however I think I'm going to have a few problems finding albums nowadays... and I'm not scrapbooking them. I dont have the time or inclination to do so.

I also finished a knitting project. I dont like knitting but it was to teach my daughter to knit. One new winter scarf to wear, finished in a following summer or two. Lucky I dont care for what the fashion of the day is! Its funny but for home activities only, when I start I always have the best of intentions but seem to run out of motivation before I get to the finish line. I make time in the beginning but then move on to the next thing and dont have the motivation to finish each thing I start off. Yet I dont work this way in the workforce. I wonder if this is normal... it bugs me though. Its something I've been working on, in the background of life, and it must be paying off because I cant think of many projects that I have left sitting somewhere unfinished...at least craft projects anyways.

I love the idea of being crafty, of being able to create that kind of stuff. My mum was, and still is, wonderful with crafty stuff. I would have loved to have learnt more from her. Never mind - I dont have the time for it anyway.

Why is it that I feel so time poor anyway? I shouldn't be, particularly now, the kids are on holidays and there's no sport or school events to run around after and yet I'm so tired. So not motivated to do much at all. In a way I really just want to sit and chilax... but I think I've forgotten how to do so. I dont seem able to just sit and do nothing. Watching TV is sooooo boring.... and I still have so much to do towards preparing this house for sale yet in another way I also simply couldn't by bothered.

Geez, thats a mixed message and a half isn't it. What exactly am I... How exactly am I feeling??? ......Do I feel time poor, or Am I unmotivated and why, or am I just unable to see that we will ever get to buy a new house at this rate... or is it that I just need to learn to relax and not be so bloody tense all the time... I wish I could do the last one so much but firstly I think its just who I am and maybe thats why I'm completely lost in how to even start! Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment